The Town of White Stone received a $1,000,000 grant from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) to revitalize its business district based on the White Stone Business District Revitalization Plan.
1 – Business District Revitalization
- Façade improvements centered at the intersection of Route 3 (Rappahannock Drive) and Route 200 (Chesapeake Drive).
- Demolition of blighted structures.
- The design and installation of wayfaring signage (gateway signs and directional signs).
- The creation of murals on sites to be determined.
- The installation of public improvements: landscaping, street furniture, and pedestrian crosswalks.
- The development of a marketing website and a marketing plan for the Town.
- The creation of a pocket park.
2 – Revolving Loan Fund
- The creation of a fund for loans to businesses in the Project Area. One full-time-equivalent (FTE) job will be created in the Project Area for every $10,000 loaned out, and at least 51% of the jobs created will be held by Low- and Moderate-Income (LMI) individuals.
3 – The Rehabilitation of Upper Story Apartments
- Seven apartments will be rehabilitated in the Project Area.