The Town of Warsaw received a $1,000,000 grant from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) to revitalize its business district based on the White Stone Business District Revitalization Plan.
The project begins in September of 2021.
1 – Business District Revitalization Activities
- Façade improvements centered at the intersection of Route 3 (Rappahannock Drive) and Route 200 (Chesapeake Drive).
- Demolition of blighted structures.
- The design and installation of wayfaring signage (gateway signs and directional signs).
- The creation of murals on sites to be determined.
- The installation of public improvements: landscaping, street furniture, and pedestrian crosswalks.
- The development of a marketing website and a marketing plan for the Town.
- The rehabilitation of upper-story housing units in the project area.
- The creation of a pocket park.
2 – Revolving Loan Fund
- The creation of a fund for loans to businesses in the Project Area. One full-time-equivalent (FTE) job will be created in the Project Area for every $10,000 loaned out, and at least 51% of the jobs created will be held by Low- and Moderate-Income (LMI) individuals.